Recently, the temperature has dropped drastically and many individuals in Toronto and the GTA are experiencing frozen pipes. Problems like this are sometimes unavoidable, as we cannot predict the weather, but thankfully there is a solution.
Water Guard Plumbing’s Vasyl Pygrodskyy has experience with resolving the issues that can come along with pipes freezing.
If you experience frozen pipes here are the steps you can take:
Call Water Guard Plumbing
Make sure that you contact a plumber who has experience working with frozen pipes, as it can be a tricky situation. Instead of spending time researching the best person to call, keep our number (647-832-1738) close-by for situations like this. We are available 24-7 for emergency plumbing and would love to help you fix the problem, as well as help you to prevent a similar situation from happening in the future.
Depending on your situation, there could be things you could do while you wait for Water Guard Plumbing to arrive – make sure to ask questions. Ensure that you are providing us with important details and we will arrive as quickly as possible. Don’t try to fix the problem yourself, wait for a plumber to arrive and assess the situation.
To prevent your pipes from freezing in the future, download our guide, How to Protect Your Home Against Plumbing Disasters. It provides you with useful information on how to prepare your plumbing for the changing seasons.
It’s important to pay close attention to your plumbing and be able to identify when your pipes have frozen. Make sure to act quickly as the situation could get worse and do further damage to your home, do your research to prevent future disasters.
Here are some easy steps you can take to protect your pipes from freezing in the future:
- Make sure all outdoor water faucets are turned off when they aren’t in use.
- Drain water from swimming pool and remove garden hoses.
- During the winter months, ensure that water is turned off to avoid pipes from freezing.
- Keep garage door closed if water supply pipes are exposed.
- Relocate exposed pipes during the warmer months – Water Guard Plumbing can help.
- Add additional insulation to exposed pipes in the parts of your house that doesn’t receive much heat.
If you are experiencing frozen pipes please do not hesitate to contact us at: 647-832-1738.