When temperatures drop drastically, many individuals in Toronto and the GTA are experiencing frozen pipes. Problems like this are sometimes unavoidable, as we cannot predict the weather, but thankfully there is a solution.
It’s important to pay close attention to your plumbing and be able to identify when your pipes have frozen. Exposed pipes without insulation, cold areas of your home or cold walls create an increased risk of frozen pipes in your home. If you notice any of those issues and symptoms like low water pressure, exposed ice, leaks or clogs, you need to contact an experienced plumbing expert immediately. Make sure to act quickly as the situation could get worse creating further damage to your home.
Water Guard Plumbing experts have experience with resolving the issues that can come along with pipes freezing.
Call Water Guard Plumbing
Make sure that you contact a plumber who has experience working with frozen pipes, as it can be a tricky situation. Instead of spending time researching the best person to call, keep our number (647-832-1738) close-by for situations like this. We are available 24-7 for emergency plumbing and would love to help you fix the problem, as well as help you to prevent a similar situation from happening in the future.
Depending on your situation, there could be things you could do while you wait for Water Guard Plumbing to arrive – make sure to ask questions. Ensure that you are providing us with important details and we will arrive as quickly as possible. Don’t try to fix the problem yourself, wait for a plumber to arrive and assess the situation.
Frozen Pipes Prevention
- Make sure all outdoor water faucets are turned off when they aren’t in use.
- Drain water from swimming pool and remove garden hoses.
- During the winter months, ensure that water is turned off to avoid pipes from freezing.
- Keep garage door closed if water supply pipes are exposed.
- Relocate exposed pipes – Water Guard Plumbing can help.
- Add additional insulation or heating to exposed pipes in the parts of your house that doesn’t receive much heat.
If you are experiencing frozen pipes please do not hesitate to contact us at: 647-832-1738.