One of the least understood plumbing solutions is Trenchless Plumbing. The main tool used in Trenchless plumbing is often known as a Torpedo.
What is a Torpedo?
tunnel that allows for the installation of new plumbing systems and is powered by an air compressor. Trenchless pipe replacement can repair collapsed, broken, or punctured sewer lines. Using a Torpedo system, a steel bursting head breaks through the existing pipe, pulling new pipe behind it. A hydraulic ram pulls a cable and bursting head through the existing pipe, replacing it with new pipe. This new pipe has a service life of over 100 years.
When is trenchless pipe repair the best option?
Trenchless pipe repair could be used often for most sewer and water pipe repair situations, such as:
- Pipes that run under landscaping and/or underneath your dwelling
- Repeated leaking sewer lines or sewer backups due to improperly installed pipes
- Pipe damage from repeated freezing and thawing
- Cracked and broken and pipes due to a residence settling or to earth movement
- Burst sewer pipes from blockages due to household debris in the lines or roots from trees
Benefit of using a Torpedo
There are many benefits associated with using a Torpedo, including:
- Less mess: Instead of digging up your entire driveway or landscaped yard
- Less expensive: It is a compact, simple, and powerful equipment saves time and money
- Safer: Very little digging and no open trenches
What to look for in a plumber
The biggest thing to look for is a plumber with experience using this Torpedo Technology. Ask simple questions like, Do you have your own Torpedo?, and how many jobs have you done with this technology? Have the plumber explain the process to you.
If you do have a plumbing emergency and need some assistance, Water Guard Plumbing is here to help. We use the latest technologies to repair your plumbing issues. This includes many jobs using the Torpedo system. If you have a plumbing issue that you need some help with, please contact us.