Region of Peel Sanitary Backwater Valve Rebate Program
Having to deal with a surprise plumbing emergency can be annoying and costly. It’s important to be proactive with your plumbing and take the necessary steps to protect yourself against plumbing disasters, before they happen. If you live in the Peel Region (Mississauga or Brampton), there is a Sanitary Backwater Valve Rebate Program available to you, for up to $700. Not only could this help prevent future flooding, but it’s also an opportunity to save some money.
How to Know if You Are Eligible for the Backwater Valve Rebate Program
There is a certain criteria you need to meet to be eligible for the rebate.
- If you have reported flooding to the Region of Peel in the past
- If you can provide proof of a flood-related insurance claim (you will need to provide an Experience Letter from your insurance firm)
- If you live within an area that is prone to flooding (check regional records)
- If you have not received a previous flood subsidy from previous rebate programs
How to Qualify for the Backwater Valve Rebate Program
Not everyone is eligible for the rebate. In order to qualify you must follow these steps:
- Call 905-791-7800 ext. 4409 to find out if you are eligible
- Have a licensed plumber visit your home for an inspection and get a quote (it’s important to get a quote from more than one company)
- Apply for a building permit
- Once you have chosen a licensed plumber, have the backwater valve installed
- Have a building inspector visit your home for an inspection and to sign off on the building permit (include the backwater valve model number on the permit)
- Send your building permit and application form to: Sanitary Backwater Valve Subsidy Program, 2 Copper Road, Brampton, ON., L6T 4W5
- If you qualify, you will receive a cheque within 6-8 weeks
The Region of Peel has made it really easy for you to complete all of the necessary steps by providing you with a checklist.
We are located in Mississauga and have experience with the Peel Sanitary Backwater Valve Rebate Program. If you are interested in a quote, feel free to contact us at 647-832-1738. We look forward to working with you.